Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What Is Asking


What is asking for your attention this day?

Perhaps duty and obligation, or maybe wonder and grace?

How will you consciously embrace this moment? Is there a feeling of push or surrender?

Then read this poem that asks what time it is... .

    What time is it?

There is a time for laughter.
There is a time for joy.
There is a time for crying.
There is a time for caring.
There is a time for giving back.
There is a time for receiving.
There is a time for loving unconditionally.
There is a time for union.
There is a time for centering.
There is a time for story.
There is a time for community building.
There is a time for giving thanks.
There is a time for mystery and wonder.
There is a time for peace.
There is a time for raising one's hand.
There is a time for raising one's consciousness.
There is a time for acknowledging.
There is a time for releasing pain.
There is a time for healing and saying yes.
There is a time for being real.
There is a time for connection.
There is a time for questioning.
There is a time for looking up.
There is a time for turning over stones.

What is this time for you?


      richard hammer
          11-21-16


And when times seem dark, confusing and challenging read Todd Norian's post dated 11-23-16.

"Remember the last line of the Shiva Invocation: Niralambaya Tejase, which has become my prayer I offer to you. "I stand within my own heart, independent from anything external (niralambaya), and I refuse to allow the negative forces of reality to disturb my internal peace of mind, clarity of thought, and alignment with human values I know are right. I choose to stay open, in my center where I access the calm in the chaos. When I do that, the essence of illumination (tejase) will shine out and be a guiding light of love, justice, and equality for all people. From that place may I act with love."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment