Friday, April 6, 2018

April is National Poetry Month

April is National Poetry Month
It is invitation to open into words.

I have followed and greatly appreciated Oriah Mt Dreamer's writings for years. She shares her journey with great athenticity and vulnerability.  In other words, she is "real".

The Green Bough  -  Waking Up with Joy -  05 Apr 2018

“Some days, grace saturates my dreams and follows me into wakefulness. And I am quietly alert, smiling even as I open my eyes filled with a joy that does not deny the pain of the world or the trials and tribulations of one small human being. And I am filled with awe at having a life to live, of being an ensouled body/embodied soul.

I cannot make this happen- it is a gift that cannot be earned. And, of course, there are other mornings, mornings when I wake up worrying for the world and those I love, trying to pull away from small aches or searing pain, wanting to lodge a complaint with Anyone-In-Charge.

Remembering this makes me smile this morning as I whisper into the half-light, "Thank you." ~Oriah



~~~~~ 

  Did You Notice

The bird over your shoulder singing invites you to love.
The unique gift that you give is one of beauty and presence.
The grace that you are invites in union, touch, and flow.
The letting go of overt striving invites in receiving.
Open and allow yourself to rest in the generosity of your being.


       by richard hammer  4-4-18



No comments:

Post a Comment