Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Lens - Ram Dass



The Lens
by Ram Dass

Lens 1 shows you a balding old man - my physical being.
Lens 2 is my personality and social responsibility - father, student, meditator.
Lens 3 is my mythic identity- Jung's archetypes that are bigger than life. Lens 1, 2 and 3 identify the differences between us. How I differ from you and you from me.

Lens 4 allows you to look into the eyes of another. There is another awareness looking back at you. It's another awareness witnessing the scene. 

But Lens 5 takes you somewhere else. You look and you see yourself looking at yourself by looking at yourself. There’s only one of us in Lens 5. if you get down into the smallest units of matter – the quarks and electrons and sub-neutrinos, all that stuff way down there behind the patterning of stuff – it’s all the same stuff.
It’s all homogeneous and moves in and out of everything. There’s only one of it. You can call it the One in the spiritual unity that lies behind the diversity. You can call it God if you want to. There’s no name for it, and many names.

In Lens 6 you disappear. I disappear. Even the lens disappears. I am nothing more and nothing less

RAM DASS


Love – Serve – Remember

No comments:

Post a Comment